Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thank You Jay Leno!

Jay you have been coming into our homes every night since 1992, and you brought me so much joy laughter and happiness every time I tuned into your show.

Even in times when I had no one to talk to or was lonely or depressed, your monologue always made me smile and feel at least, just a little bit better.

And I particularly loved your Political Satire, which was always accurate, timely and funny.

You have followed in the foot steps of so many great man who held down The Tonight Show from Steve Allen (1954–57), Jack Paar (1957–62), Johnny Carson (1962–92), Jay Leno (1992–2009, 2010–14), and Conan O'Brien (2009–10).

After years of watching the master, Johnny Carson, I did not know if I could get used to anyone else after him, but within the first week of giving you a chance, I knew you were the one who was meant to succeed the great Johnny Carson.

So now even though I won't be able to see you every night on TV, I am so glad that you are going out on top and that you will live in the hearts and minds of the millions of fans who faithfully followed and supported you throughout the years forever, just like the geniuses who preceded you.

And just like I felt about you when you first came on the scene, I think that Jimmy Fallon is the perfect choice of the new generation comics to follow you.

Once again! Thank you Jay Leno for all the wonderful things that you mean to so many people.

See you at your original home on the stand up circuit.G.R.C.

No comments: